When NY Giants wide receiver Plaxico “Oops” Burress shot himself in the leg with a gun at a strip club last November, it was only the latest chapter in a long line of legal problems. On the plus side, this appears to be the first time a weapon was involved, although he does appear to be lethal when it comes to money, as well. Here’s a laundry list of cash flow troubles he’s had since he turned pro:
- Failed to pay a home inspector $500 for his services. Home inspector took him to court and at the last minute Burress wrote him a check for $700 to make things good. The check bounced.
- A Pennsylvania home-owners association went to court to collect $890 in delinquent dues.
- A Florida woman had to sue Burress after his car rear-ended hers. He was driving without insurance because he hadn’t paid the premium.
- A school district that sued Burress for $2,745 in unpaid taxes.
- In late 2007 Burress was reportedly more than $14,000 behind on property taxes on his house in Virginia Beach, Va.
With Burress’ pro career in trouble over this latest incident, if he owes you money, you may want to start getting in line sooner, rather than later. (Kentucky.com)